I thought we start with, “What is Google Analytics”. Per Google Analytics – Wikipedia, Google Analytics is a premium web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google launched the service in November 2005 after acquiring Urchin. Google Analytics is now the most widely used web analytics service on the internet. But does that answer our question, on how to use it and what are its features?
If you have never created your analytics account, it is very easy. First, you need to go the the Google Analytics and create your account. As you see below, the sign up form is rather easy.
Once you log on you are directed to the next page of setting up your account and website information. They will ask for an account name, website name, website URL, industry category, and time zone.
The last step is Data Sharing, which Google recommends. Then finally you get your tracking ID.
Why do we need this information? for one you will be able to increase your sales and maximize your marketing efforts by focusing on the most readable content. Below are the top reasons you should use Google Analytics:
- It is Easy to Use: The product does get regular updates and the principles are easy to grasp.
- It is Essential to Understand Where Your Customers Are Coming From: You will able to understand your visitors, their behavior, and their preferences.
- Customization Reports: You can choose one of many reports that Google creates or even build your own.
- Real-time Visitor Tracking: You can see who is visiting your website in real time.
- Able to Fine Tune Your Website: With this analytic report, you will be able to fine tune your website and do a new copy writing on any page that is not converting well. In the end, it will bring you more quality prospects and thus gaining more customers in the near future.
- Reveal Your Best Performing Content: It can be fascinating to see what customers are actually looking at on your website and with Google Analytics you can see exactly what pages are being looked at and for how long.
Analytics is a huge data hub and at first impression, it can be quite overwhelming. It takes practice and patience. There are 4 free courses available. This helps you understand the platform and will enable you to get access to the data you need to perform your analysis: https://analyticsacademy.withgoogle.com. It is recommended that you review these lessons from analytics academy. Who better than Google teaching you how to understand and use it. You will not do well without taking the Google training unless you are a very in-depth GA user.
Well, this is the article for the week. I hope this has helped someone in someway. The https://analyticsacademy.withgoogle.com is a great way to start. I suggest you take a gander at it.